Friday, April 6, 2012

ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BITS OF MUSIC SO FAR IN 2012


Last month I wrote these words about the group who had been bottom of the bill at a gig at King Tut's on 15 February:-

"First up is Father Sculptor who get the night off to a very entertaining start with a short but varied five-song 20 minute set. It begins and ends with bog-standard 80s indie-pop enlivened by excellent playing – Drew thought the drummer was great, while I was impressed by the guitarist. But the second song of the night was one that caught my attention – very reminiscent of the Sire-era James...i.e the time when they were really struggling commercially but making great music. It’s after this song they announce it is their first ever gig which does make the performance all the more impressive. They’re worth keeping an eye on and hopefully I’ll come across them over the course of the next 12 months - it will be interesting to get Aldo’s take on them."

Not long after I got a nice email from the band thanking me for the kind words and then not long after, this:-

JC,
That Sire-era James song ('Ember') is up via,
http://fathersculptor.bandcamp.com/
Ta ra.

It really is every bit as good as I remember:-



It's going to be released on 16 April. I'll certainly be buying a copy. And here;s hoping Father Sculptor will have a live gig to support the promotional activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment